Triangle Crib Quilt


Hooray! My first quilt is finished, just a few weeks shy of our little lady's arrival. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.  Take a look-


I created a template that was 7" tall  x 7 3/4" wide for the triangles. Cutting my fabric in 7" strips first to make sure each triangle would be the same size helped in case I turned my template the wrong way (which I've been known to do...). I used 140 triangles in all.  


I used light grey and white for my neutral colors and a light pink, hot pink, purple and orange for pops of color. I used white for every other triangle to really make the other colors stand on their own. Well, that and I just really like the look of white space.


For the back I made 4 1/2" strips of the remaining light grey and white fabric to create stripes and finished with a simple grey binding.

I'm already imagining many nights snuggled underneath this gem with my little lady while rocking her to sleep. I can't wait! Well, yes I can because going through labor again isn't sounding like my idea of fun. Another story for another day.

Next up is a throw for the couch. I've already got my fabrics and idea in mind from Susan Beal's Modern Log Cabin Quilting book, I just need a good movie to watch and my cutting mat.

xo
Kate


2 comments:

  1. I love this quilt so much! I love the look of white space as well, along with the restraint of using solids. What a great gift to make for your new babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Loving the color selections and design.

    ReplyDelete